addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Auckland Quantified Self Meetup Group Message Board › Auckland QS Meetup #2: Notes/Tools Mentioned

Auckland QS Meetup #2: Notes/Tools Mentioned

Camille N
camnicode
Auckland, NZ
Post #: 11
Good morning guys,

Here is a brief summary of the notes that I made last night, feel free to add what I have missed out - or let me know if the links are incorrect :)

Reading material from Quantified Self:
What we are Reading | Quantified Self
Medicine gets up close and personal - New pilot research project to track 100 people over 25 years to understand longitudinal health

Simon
- CRON-O-Meter- track nutrition and health data
- My Tracks - Record GPS tracks, monitor performance
- OsmAnd - Maps & Navigation
- Global Corporate Challenge - global corporate health initiative
- Neo4J - graph database

Pete
- Time diary - Time tracking
- Splunk
- Tracking correlation between anxiety and Vitamin C intake (see National institutes of health vitamin C information)
- Book: Sensor Technologies: Healthcare, Wellness and Environmental Applications

Mark
- App that records location in a heatmap visual (?)
- Chronos
- Moves
- IFTTT - "putting the internet to work for you"

Karl
- GPSLogger

Camille
- Bullet Journal

Experiment Ideas
- How can we follow up on habit tracking and mine data to infer suggestion/optimisation/recommendations?­
- Time management common theme between all of us
- Self-assessment of mood/emotions
- Pete interested in tracking social interactions
- Speech recognition app? - does interacting socially with others make you a better person
- Ideas for app - sample ambience, listen for user's voice, increment count of social interaction (interaction++)

Other Meetups of interest
- Auckland Javascript Meetup
- Natural Language Processing in NZ
A former member
Post #: 4
Awesome, thanks for the write-up Camille. I find these notes from the meetups far more useful than trawling the internet for QS material/devices etc.