Auckland Quantified Self Meetup Group Message Board › Auckland QS Meetup #6: Notes/Tools Mentioned

Auckland QS Meetup #6: Notes/Tools Mentioned

Camille N
camnicode
Group Organizer
Auckland, NZ
Post #: 13
Thanks to all who attended last night, it's always good to see you every month and discuss different tracking devices and areas of progress!

Key points I noted from last night's Meetup:
Tim: Keen to carry out 'citizen science'-style project, using humans as 'sensors', opt-in personal analytics e.g. for web usage
- Noted XY Leap (exercise genomics) allows you to upload 23 and me data and perform analysis

Don: Using Jay's oxygen tracker - feeling more energetic after a heavy workout
- Promethease- literature retrieval system that builds a personal DNA report.
- Withings scale which you can hook into BodyMedia
- H+ The Digital Series

Jay: Bulletproof coffee (check out The Bulletproof Executive)
- Cure Together now part of 23 and me
- Tall Poppies group - accountability club using 42goals.com to work together in achieving goals (TBC)

Dmitry: Started using SleepTracker
- Brought along Misfit Shine, using the activity tracker.

Mark: Came across a monitoring software that asks employees to record their state of mind while at work.
- Continuing to have cold showers, notices metabolism increase when he has a full-length cold shower as opposed to varying heat/temperatures (perception of metabolism increase recorded)

Camille: New habit - no coffee, tracking via Lift App. Monitoring exercise (Lift App, MyFitnessPal, diary entries).