The Auckland Unitarian Church is an open, progressive and welcoming faith community. We walk diverse spiritual paths to find purpose and meaning in our lives, but we are united in our belief in the inherent worth and dignity of every person. Whatever your spiritual journey, you are welcome here. Sunday Service 10 AM to 11 AM EXCEPT the last Sunday of each month when we have an evening Service at 5 PM (please check the calendar, we sometimes have alternate meeting times for special events). Choir meets an hour before the service, all voices are welcome. Coffee Hour follows the service. A Religious Education program is provided during the service for school age children.
We are currently a lay led congregation affiliated with three major Unitarian associations: The Australia and New Zealand Unitarian Association, The Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations and The General Assembly of Unitarian and Free Christian Churches.
Unitarianism is an open-minded and individualistic approach to faith that gives scope for a very wide range of beliefs and doubts.
Religious freedom for each individual is at the heart of Unitarianism. Everyone has the right to search for meaning in life and reach their own conclusions.
Unitarians see diversity and pluralism as valuable rather than threatening. They want faith to be broad, inclusive, and tolerant. Unitarianism can therefore include people who are Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Pagan and Atheist.
We have covenanted to affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.