The Love Panel is Ganden Center’s semi-regular event celebrating the mind of love. Held on the Sunday before Valentine’s Day, The Love Panel begins with a home-cooked brunch downstairs at 10:30am. During brunch, participants can write out any questions they have on the topic of love and place them in a box. At 11:30am, everyone will head upstairs for the panel itself.
Four panelists (see “Panelists” tab) will go through the questions one by one and offer the Buddhist take on the answer. Participants are invited to ask the panelists additional questions during the discussion time. The event will end at roughly 12:30pm.
Past questions asked to the love panel have included:
- What is love?
- What makes a romantic relationship meaningful?
- How do you maintain love for others when you do not approve of their behavior?
- How do we tell the difference between love and attachment?
- How do we prevent attachment from interfering with love?
- How should you deal with jealousy in a relationship?