To start the new year off right, let's dine out at Austin's healthiest restaurant. Casa De Luz is Austin’s only all-organic, dining and community center. If you've never been to Casa De Luz, you're missing one of Austin's best vegetarian meals.
Their nutritionally trained chefs handcraft plant based, 100% organic, vegan, vegetarian, alkalizing, nutrient-rich meals that will improve your health. All of their kitchen water is fluoride-filtered. Their meals are gluten-free, and they are allergen-aware (always ask their chefs if you have any allergies). Lunch meals include:
Soup – Freshly prepared daily with whole-foods
Salad – No oils; they grind nuts, seeds and spices daily for their dressings
Vegetable Entree (changes everyday)
Dark Leafy Greens with a delicious whole-food sauce (no oils)
Whole Grain, like organic brown rice, millet or quinoa, occasionally topped with sea vegetables, seeds or nuts. They presoak their grains.
Beans - They presoak their beans.
Fermented Vegetables, like Kim Chi, Sauerkraut, etc.
- Fluoride filtered, carbon filtered & vortex activated (all cooking water is filtered that way)
Hibiscus Mint Tea
- May lower blood pressure and cholesterol; caffeine-free; rich in Vitamin C, calcium and potassium
Rooibos, Lemon Grass, Peppermint Tea
- Contains polyphenols and has been shown to be anti-carcinogenic, anti-mutagenic, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral activity
- Naturally caffeine-free - drink it before going to bed can help with insomnia
- Good for teeth and bones - contains calcium, manganese and fluoride
- Good for the skin - contains alpha hydroxy acid and zinc
- People with kidney stones can drink it because there’s no oxalic acid
- Full of vitamins and minerals - zinc, copper, calcium, manganese, magnesium & potassium
Kukicha Hot Tea
- Alkalizing; Helps digestion; 6 times more calcium than cow’s milk; 2.5 times more Vitamin C than orange juice; may lower blood pressure and cholesterol; low in caffeine; burns fat; promotes kidney, liver and gall bladder function; Kukicha does a body good
Desserts are available, but are not included in the meal cost. They use organic rice syrup and raw organic agave avoiding processed flours. Some desserts may contain small amounts of gluten, please ask.