Australians in Chicago Message Board › Flat white in Chicago?

Flat white in Chicago?

This message board is read-only.

A former member
Post #: 1
I moved to Chicago a couple months ago and I'm struggling to find a flat white.

I know there's a few Aussie cafe's in New York but can't seem to find anything decent in Chicago.

Any suggestions or am I screwed?
Beq
user 9697337
Chicago, IL
Post #: 3
Chicago has a vibrant coffee scene, with a large number of coffee houses specializing in all kinds of niches, from the perfect bean and the ideal roast to the precise drip style or mixology.

So, although I hear that flat whites are impossible to come across, I still believe you can sweet-talk any decent barista who is good at lattes into making you one if you explain the difference.

Damien
user 3828035
Chicago, IL
Post #: 9
Hi Paras,

Try http://www.intelligen...­

Also try Bad Wolf Coffee (3422 N. Lincoln) for pastries and coffee "the way it's supposed to be made."

Here are a bunch of other suggestions of great coffee. to back up Beq, there is a great coffee culture in Chicago you just need to dig around a little to find it.

Swim Café, 1357 West Chicago Avenue (between Noble and Ada streets); 312-492-8600.

Heritage Bicycles General Store, 2959 North Lincoln Avenue (between Wellington and Southport avenues); 773-245-3005.

Jupiter Outpost, 1139 West Fulton Market (between May Street and Racine Avenue); 312-226-5768.

Asado Coffee Co., 1432 West Irving Park Road (between Southport and Janssen Avenues); 773-661-6530.

Buzz Killer Espresso, 1644 North Damen Avenue (between North and Wabansia avenues); 773-366-8377.

Filter Café, 1373-75 North Milwaukee Avenue (between Wolcott Avenue and Wood Street); 773-904-7819.

New Wave Coffee, 2557 North Milwaukee Avenue (at Logan Boulevard); 773-489-0646.

Star Lounge Coffee Bar, 2521 West Chicago Avenue (between Maplewood and Campbell avenues); 773-384-7827.

Regards

Damien
Karl
user 14075867
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
Generally I order capaccinos here in the States instead of flat whites, find them to be very similar as unlike in Australia, they do not spinkle any chocolate on top here. Intelligensia is definitely my favourite coffee place, go there every morning at work. The espresso roast there at is really good.

Agree with all the suggestions that Damien had. A couple others that we really like are:

Gaslight Coffee Roasters - 2385 N Milwalkee Ave, just next to Fullerton, my wife's favourite near us

Caffe Streets - 1750 W Division St in Wicker Park. When I told them I was after a flat white they understood what I wanted.

Good luck!