Beer & Cookies Book Club Message Board › New Organizer

New Organizer

Meghan
user 4965682
Austin, TX
Post #: 54
I would be happy to run some of the meetings and am already an organizer but unfortunately, I am already at my three group max. Is there anyone else that may already have an organizer level membership that would be willing to take over& I can help co-organize? Or someone that isn't an organizer yet but would be willing to become one to keep the group growing. The fees are $19/mo if you pay monthly and go down from there the more months in advance you pay.
Jon R. M.
user 4989474
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 6
Meghan, is bankrolling the monthly fee all that's involved in organizing? If so, I might take it over. Jon.
Meghan
user 4965682
Austin, TX
Post #: 56
That's a big part of it. The other thing is if people have questions about the group or want to tell you about an event or something that may be of interest to the group they will usually contact the organizer so you may have to field some e-mails. I can't imagine the volume of that being very high for this group though. Other than that you can choose how you want to run the group so you can add however many people you want on as co-organizers to help you plan/run the meetups so you don't have to schedule & be at every one. You can also decide if you want to make it so anyone can post an event (as the suggest a meetup feature) or if you want to make it so only organizers & co-organizers can plan meetups. From there whoever is planning the event should take the reigns for the particular meetup, reserving space/tables if necessary & showing up on time at the designated location prepared to help get the discussion going if it needs some prodding.
Meghan
user 4965682
Austin, TX
Post #: 57
Jon, if you're going to be at The Time Traveler's Wife on Sunday we can talk more about it then too. There are some things co-organizers can manage but other things that only organizers can control.
Meghan
user 4965682
Austin, TX
Post #: 58
Oops, the meeting is actually next Sunday not this one!
Jon R. M.
user 4989474
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 7
I won't be able to make it Sunday. Has someone stepped up and taken over leadership? I don't see the "looking for a new group leader" alert anymore.
Meghan
user 4965682
Austin, TX
Post #: 59
Well I was thinking about just dropping one of my groups & taking it over but now that you mention it, it looks like John is back as Organizer. Yay! I'll have to talk to him & see what the deal is for long term though. I know he's been really busy lately. Thanks for considering it though!