Stephen
user 3465093
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Hello All-

There is a poll stating that several people would be interested in meeting at a place that serves alcohol. I stopped by Sherlock's Pub and Grill on Burnett and 183 behind Highland Bowling today and spoke with the manager. They have a full bar with lots of beers on tap, food and a second room that would be perfect for playing with tables that can be pushed around and such. The manager, Lewy, said that the room is normally closed on Saturday afternoons but that they would open it for us if we give him two weeks notice so that he can schedule someone to serve in that room. What do you think?
Harold
hgcoleman
Austin, TX
Post #: 5
Hi Stephen. This might be a fun alternative to our normal meeting places. Are they available Sunday afternoons? (I'm not even sure if bars are open on Sundays???) I'm thinking the third weekend in September, so the 21st if Sunday is available. (Tracey said she might be able to make it on Sunday.) Otherwise, we could try to reserve the room that Saturday. Let me know what you think. Harold
A former member
Post #: 2
While I can appreciate having the game somewhere that participants can have alcohol if they so desire; I don't like the added expense of buying it at a club. I suggest that (we) take turns opening our homes for an event like this; even if we have to keep the groups smaller and split into N. and S. Austin locations.

I'd be willing to do the N. Austin event Sept. 6th 3p.m. at my place right behind the Lakeline Mall. How many would be interested in attending this? Please let me know so I can plan accordingly with extra card table and chairs. I also have a pool table if anyone is up for that should we have odd numbers for Catan.

Cheers!
Theresa
Harold
hgcoleman
Austin, TX
Post #: 6
Good points, Theresa. Why don't we try BOTH next month - we can do the 6th at your home and one day the weekend of the 20th at Stephen's pub. I'll try to get you and Stephen listed as assistant organizers by Tracey. If that doesn't work, I'll need to post the meetings with details. What is your address? You can email me directly at: hgcoleman@aol.com
Harold
Stephen
user 3465093
Austin, TX
I appreciate the add-on as assistant.

I am somewhat leary now of scheduling a meeting at the pub only two weeks after Theresa's shindig. I would rather feel out the meeting and talk to others about what they think as there is no response from anyone else online. I would hate to have the pub schedule someone to wait the room and only four people show up.
A former member
Hi! I'm new to the group and am very anxious to play :-) Up by Lakeline Mall is a little far for me but I would totally be up to going to Sherlock's to play. Count me in! I hope we are able to get something on the calendar soon....i need a SOC fix :-)
A former member
Post #: 4
I think Oct. would be a good time for another Catan at this late date in Sept. but I'm up for either back at the church on Spicewood & Anderson Mill or Sherlocks for the 1st or 3rd wknd in Oct. (4th or 18th that is). I'm going to the RenFest near Houston on Oct. 11th and if anyone in the group is interested in joining that caravan from my house/condo at 8a.m.-just let me know! It's a great chance to dress up in Renaissance clothing, eat drink and be merry all day-dusk to dawn!
Matt F.
user 7975542
Austin, TX
Sherlock's sounds like a very fun idea. I have never drank anything while playing Catan. It could be really fun.

I may or may not go to Ren Fair by Houston. Just sort of depends on when the fantasy day is. That is my favorite. I am trying to get a black robe with a deep hood for it. Will see when payday comes around. :)

I will try to sign up for the next Catan-a-thon when there is one posted.

See ya later.

Matt
Harold
hgcoleman
Austin, TX
Post #: 8
I appreciate all the comments and ideas for our next meeting. I have a request for us to get back on a 3rd Sunday schedule like we began, so I am going to schedule one for Sunday, October 19th at 2:00. I'll schedule it for the church, but will host it at my home again if we have less than 18 or so sign up.