The Austin Settlers of Catan Meetup Message Board I WANT TO PLAY!!! › I want my S o C ...

I want my S o C ...

Tracey
catan-o-maniac
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Hello Catan-o-philes!! biggrin

We are gonna try and swing two - YES! two meetups for the month of June.

Wait for it...

The first meetup will be for the beloved beginners! If you are fairly new to SoC - we want to schedule a day so that you may hone your victory point skills. We will recruit a few advanced players to guide you in your journey through the lands of catan!! I would like to schedule this on or around the 20th.

The second meetup will be for intermediate to advanced players. And we will NOT play SoC? What???!!!??? YES!!! It will be Expansion Only Day (hold your applause) If you feel very comfortable with your skills in regular catan and are up for a faster pace of game play then come on to the Expansion Day and learn and play Cities and Knights, Seafarers, and Starfarers. I would like to shoot for the 27th.

What I need from you is some idea about what you want!
We are working on venues - but that is driven by the number of people who are interested.

I have posted this email to our forums. Please go to the message board area of The Austin Settlers of Catan Meetup and let us know if you are

• interested in the beginners group or the advanced group
  • can attend
  • if you prefer sheep or ore

Based on your feedback we will schedule our next games!

I want all your bricks,

Tracey

baaaaaa.
A former member
Post #: 1
Unfortnately I can't make it for the later half of June, but for future - I would prefer another beginners group...and I prefer sheep! :)
~Kris U.
A former member
End of June works for me. I'm interested in the advanced group.
More of a wood person myself...
A former member
Post #: 67
I'm an intermediate-advanced Beginner, and I'm willing to help people learn rules.
But I can only attend on Sundays because I am an Organizer for a Round Rock Writers and their "offspring" workshop groups. That takes up 4 Saturdays a month ...

So, I'm willing to trade teaching for a game on a Sunday...

My favorite resource is the one I have a port for!
Harold
hgcoleman
Austin, TX
Post #: 17
Advanced. Prefer Cities & Knights or the Traders & Barbarians expansion. How about a combination C&K-Seafarers game! Willing to attend beginners session and help others learn the game and/or strategy.

Available on both the 20th and 27th, though will need to change a 2:00 PM appt on the 20th.

Definitely prefer ore, but change favorites every game depending on what I'm playing and what's available.
A former member
Post #: 6
I have been playing RAILS @ Great Hall Games on Sat.

Would like to play the expansion games. Looking to play both weeks in June.

Would prefer to have the meet up moved to Great Hall Games and again at University of Texas if possible.

A former member
Post #: 69
Hey Settlers--

Would everyone also note whether Sundays are possible? I see those who already replied said they could make one or the other suggested dates, but not whether Sunday might be a possibility.
I'd like Tracy to have that info in case it was possible to do that for people who can not come on a Saturday.

Thanks everyone!
A former member
You should all check out games.asobrain.com for free settlers!!