add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Austin Clojure Meetup Message Board › recap of today's coding meetup

recap of today's coding meetup

Paul B.
user 39181122
Charlottesville, VA
Post #: 1
Three of us met up at Panera today for a bit of coding. I tried to give a demo of a personal project I've been working on for a few months, but no one was able to connect to my web server over the wifi router at Panera.
Next I attempted to deploy my app on Heroku during the meeting, which was successful for the most part except that Heroku's Cedar runtime stack doesn't seem to have support for Websockets, which my app makes use of. Norman mentioned Heroku deployment as a possible topic at a future Meetup. If anyone is interested, you can check out the docs here, it's pretty straightforward:

Anyway, I promised the others I would post a link to my app when I got it deployed on an Amazon EC2 instance, so feel free to check it out here (sorry for the unfriendly URL)
It's still a very rough prototype at this point, and the UI is pretty poor, but hopefully you can get a feel for what I'm trying to do. It's not that interesting to use alone, but if you have a friend or group you can both connect and view the other's in-browser REPL session and follow along in real-time.
I have the source on github if anyone is interested:­

All in all, I didn't actually get much code written, although I think Norman completed a problem on Project Euler while we were there.