Ego gets a bum rap, but the most effective marketers inject it into everything they do. Join fellow Austin Content Marketers as our keynote speaker Ian Greenleigh of Bazaarvoice shares tips for creating insanely shareable content—and how this “ego capital” can be used tastefully.
Topics covered will include the psychology of sharing, the art of comparison, social currency creation, the infamous #humblebrag, social validation, and more.
Burning questions Ian will answer:
- What motivates people to share your content?
- How can ego capital be activated within thoughtful, tasteful content?
- How can content creators employ ego capital before and after content is published?
- Which content types create the most satisfying and effective ego experiences
- What are some of the best ego-driven projects out there?
Ian Greenleigh is Senior Manager of Content and Social Strategy at Bazarvoice and author of "The Social Media Side Door: How to Skip the Line and Gain Greater Access and Influence", to be published in October 2013 by McGraw Hill. His words and ideas ideas have been featured in Harvard Business Review, AdAge, Seth Godin’s The Domino Project, AdWeek, BrianSolis.com, FastCompany.com, Jay Baer’s Convince and Convert, Jason Falls’ Social Media Explorer, MarketingProfs, and more.