|Sent on:||Sunday, March 4, 2012 2:22 PM|
Hey, Austin cyclists!
Did you realize that Austin Cycling Meetup now has more than 600 members? This is awesome!
I wanted to make you aware of some recent and upcoming developments as we get ready to kick off daylight savings time and the full blown riding season.
1) I recently took a fabulous, yet life changing new job downtown. This doesn't leave me with the bandwidth I've had in the past to post and lead rides. So I'd like to call on all of our assistant organizers as well as anyone else that would like to step up to post and lead rides to contact me ASAP to let me know what you can contribute this season to our calendar. Let's fill it up!
2) I'm planning to add the downtown Shoal Creek/Balcones 20 miler that we did a couple of years ago to the after work schedule each week. I'm looking for ride leaders to help with that ride as it's a circuitous route and we need several people along the way who know the route so no one gets lost. I'm thinking Tuesday like in the past, but if there are ride leaders that have better evenings, please let me know! I'm open on nights aside from Wednesdays which is my hard and fast girls' night with Cindy. (Don't mess with our girls' night.)
3) I'm going to be hitting Pure Austin for some spinning and yoga to help round out my week since I'm downtown and not riding as much as I like. Would love to have buddies to do these things. Pure Austin members or wannabe members email me and let's compare notes.
4) Because I've started this new job I've not been as good about welcoming new members. If anyone would like to volunteer for that task please raise your hand! All it takes is to hit the site once or twice a week and post a greeting for newbies, answering questions if there are any.
5) Organized/Charity rides: Those of you that know what rides you're going to attend this year, please help me out by posting these as Meetups or sending the full info to me if you don't have posting privileges so that others are encouraged to join you!
6) Lastly, due to several people asking me this winter if they could contribute to the costs of operating the meetup group I've added a banner on the left sidebar of our site that allows you to make a PayPal donation to the group. We will always be free of charge for our membership. Anything you donate simply goes to cover my cost for a subscription to Meetup, which is about[masked] a year. If get any extra donations I'll save it for our yearly holiday happy hour. Those of you that donated last quarter, thank you so much for the support!
It's just a few more days until Daylight Savings Time! Can I hear an "AMEN!?"
See you on the roads...
- Allison Peacock, Organizer