Austin Cycling Meetup Message Board › Saturday winter rides

Saturday winter rides

Allison
Allison1229
Austin, TX
Post #: 89
Those of you that were discussing beginner rides on Saturday, please use this area of the site to do your planning. I'll keep an eye on the discussion and as a firm new plan is evolved it will be posted to the group.

Thanks for your input!
A former member
Post #: 5
Is the ride on Sat Jan 8 happening? This was going to be my first event, so I'm a bit confused. :)
Mardi N.
mardinott
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
I am quite interested in a regular Saturday ride, as all of the rides here happen either while I am working or during TeamTexas. I would love to see something regular on Saturday afternoons, as I start working Saturday mornings 1/22.

I don't need a large group, just somebody to ride with. I honestly think I ride 10-12mph ... but I am trying to prepare for the rookie triathlon (with cycling being my most difficult sport).
Ariel
user 9034132
Austin, TX
Post #: 5
Hey y'all,
I know there was some talk of a Saturday afternoon ride of a more beginner level for central Austin. Anyone want to ride Shoal Creek Road on Saturday afternoon?
Mardi N.
mardinott
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
I would love to! Pick a starting point and I will be there. I'm still a bit of a pokey puppy, but I am quite keen on making Saturday a day to ride (as it is pretty much the only day I can ride for more than 30 minutes).
Allison
Allison1229
Austin, TX
Post #: 93
You guys please keep me posted on how you do and the route you choose.

Eventually I'll get something in the schedule when the weather warms and I've adjusted to my new job. Happy to have your feedback when I do.

Have fun!
Ariel
user 9034132
Austin, TX
Post #: 6
Ok, well I know Mardi said she works mornings on Saturdays, so how about 1pm? Meet in the parking lot next to Suzi's restaurant on Shoal Creek between Anderson Lane and Foster Lane? That office lot is empty on the weekends.
Chamayne O.
user 13786744
Pflugerville, TX
Post #: 1
I'm a slow poke too. 10-12 mph. I too want to complete a sprint this year. Saturdays are usually good for me. Not sure about this Saturday, keep me in the loop, please.
Mardi N.
mardinott
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
I will be there smile