addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Austin Cycling Meetup Message Board › Saturday 1/29 - bikes and beers?

Saturday 1/29 - bikes and beers?

Bryan W.
bmwatx
Cedar Park, TX
Post #: 1
New to the group and don't know many of you but I wanted to purpose a ride later this month in conjunction with the grand opening of Jester King, a craft brewery. Here's a link to the shin dig - http://networkedblogs...­

I'm still working on a route, but I can tell you there are lots of places in that area I know NOT to ride and we'll be avoiding all of them. My plan would be 20-30 miles (or so...) and depending on terrain, etc something like 17mph. That said, I would be eager to establish a few groups of riders if that pace and distance sounds too aggressive, so don't be disinterested based on that alone....if this sounds like fun let me know and based on the interest level and preferences of the group we'll make it work.

10-11AM wheels down and 90-120 mins in the saddle puts us at Jester King right on time. Let me know what you think!

Bryan
http://www.facebook.c...­
Allison
Allison1229
Austin, TX
Post #: 90
Hey, Bryan,

Sounds like fun.

If you'll contact Cort Dougan my beer ride leader and see if he'll host it I'll see about posting this to the whole group! It's right up his alley.

Allie
A former member
Post #: 2
It sounds great but I might be out of town then. I'd love to join in otherwise but can't then!
Allison
Allison1229
Austin, TX
Post #: 91
I'm happy to post this as an event! Let's discuss logistics, planning here.

Torsten says:

"Bryan suggested a ride to celebrate the Jester King Brewery grand opening. The idea would be to start out down in that area (between Hwy 290 & Hwy 71) for a ride and end with a group get together at the Jester King Brewery for their grand opening celebration (from 1pm -9pm). I'm talking to the Lake Travis Cyclery guys about route options (I'm thinking 30/45 mile options so we can accommodate slower & faster riders) and the possibility of making it a shop ride, but other suggestions are definitely welcome. One option would be a ride out to Hamilton Pool or Pedernales State Park. How could you say no to riding with a fun bunch that ends with a party at a brewery? Definitely a Carb neutral affair."

Bryan W.
bmwatx
Cedar Park, TX
Post #: 2
What started as an innocent idea on Parmer Lane..... :-)

Torsten - let me know what the fine folks at Lake Travis Cyclery have to say, I'm eager for any support. If I need to engage directly at any time, can do. Thanks for reaching out there.

From my end, I've engaged the operations guru for the Hill Country Ride for AIDS, Greg Barbutti, and he has offered his assistance in mapping a route. I told him the same thing I posted origionally - I'm NOT that familiar with that end of town and I know there are a lot of roads and intersections that I don't want to be associated with.

I want to ensure we have a good ride and a safe ride, so this is #1....I'm confident we'll have a good route one way or the other. As soon as that comes together we can discuss the other logistics.

If I've completely neglected something at this stage let me know. Thanks again.

bmw
Allison
Allison1229
Austin, TX
Post #: 92
Thanks, Bryan for your thoughtfulness in helping to plan this!

I've just started a new job so the best way to reach me when you and Torsten get things finalized is to EMAIL me.