addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Austin Cycling Meetup Message Board › newbies group

newbies group

Marilyn
user 5831964
Kyle, TX
Post #: 128
Are there any newbies out there that want to get together and do short rides so we can work up our endurance to the longer rides? Weekends would be good or evenings during the week after work?
Caron B
ZetaBlueLady
Austin, TX
Post #: 80
Yes...these meetups are intimidating to say the least...I'm interested
Caron B
ZetaBlueLady
Austin, TX
Post #: 81
Yes...these meetups are intimidating to say the least...I'm interested
Dr. Gregg R.
user 11857706
San Marcos, TX
Post #: 1
I am in Kyle also...I am just a tad above beginner but need some recovery rides I take it easy on...backed off quite a bit since November...going to pick it back up in January when spring begins...:)...just looking for people to ride with
Marilyn
user 5831964
Kyle, TX
Post #: 129
I would love to ride in Kyle! Please let me know when you get started back.
Are there days and times that work best for people?
Caron B
ZetaBlueLady
Austin, TX
Post #: 82
I live in South East Austin so I think maybe Kyle would work depending on location. I too am a beginner (very much a beginner)
Marilyn
user 5831964
Kyle, TX
Post #: 130
Do you have a mountain bike or a road bike? They are working on building the Plum Creek hike and bike trail in Kyle. I don't know any others here. We could go to Mckinney Falls state park in south Austin. They have 2 bike trails. There are also some near town lake with potential and we can try the Velloway. I hear there is one over near south Mopac that is good for beginners and also maybe Mary Moore Searight park on Slaughter Ln.
Can you do Sunday afternoons?
Sandy G.
user 13797684
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
Are there any newbies out there that want to get together and do short rides so we can work up our endurance to the longer rides? Weekends would be good or evenings during the week after work?
I would be able to ride some sundays. One idea is riding to the Veloway. That way everyone can choose to ride as many times around the Veloway as they want to. I've been starting at the Westgate bowling, (that route is 7.5 miles to the Veloway). Each Veloway round is 3 miles.
Also, I like riding from Kyle to San Marcos.
Marilyn
user 5831964
Kyle, TX
Post #: 132
What route do you ride from Kyle to San Marcos? Do you take the side road of IH35?
Sandy G.
user 13797684
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
What route do you ride from Kyle to San Marcos? Do you take the side road of IH35?
I can't remember the road name right now. I ride through the main street in Buda, take a right at the corner where there's a mexican restaurant and a gas station. The road goes straight through Kyle and to San Marcos. It's most scenic after you pass through the main part of Kyle, then there's less traffic.