Austin Cycling Meetup Message Board › newbies group

newbies group

Donald L.
user 24804222
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
Marilyn, I think we have a quorum. Do you feel comfortable posting a ride? I'm sure Mike and Molly would be supportive. If you want I can ask them to recommend a 12 to 15 mile fairly easy ride. I think going from 10 to 15 shouldn't be that hard. I've done 30 but only once and it took 2 hours because I am slow.......
30 miles in two hours is respectable.

I want to get faster before I ride with this group but endurance isn't a huge problem for me.

Dr. Gregg R.
user 11857706
San Marcos, TX
Post #: 7
Getting faster is partially about fitness but even the fittest has trouble keeping up with technology. Getting a lighter bike benefits...getting a light body is also one of the keys. I am planning on dropping to 167 by riding season. Going out today for a 20 or 40. After I get back from a little shopping trip I can "meet up" at Barton Middle school in Kyle if anyone is so inclined. I have done nothing over the past 3 weeks.
Dr. Gregg R.
user 11857706
San Marcos, TX
Post #: 8
24 miles in 1:39 hours..little windy
Marilyn
user 5831964
Kyle, TX
Post #: 134
Sorry folks! I thought I had this set up so I would see if people posted, but that does not appear to be the case :( I plan on riding around Lake Kyle very soon. I will post an event if it lets me. It is only 1.4 miles, but we could go around multiple times :) I may go tomorrow around 5pm to do a test drive...
Marilyn
user 5831964
Kyle, TX
Post #: 135
It appears they are not open on Sundays at this time of year :| Can anyone do Saturdays after 3pm?
A former member
Post #: 3
I am interested! I live downtown...and have a tiny car...so I prefer to start somewhere close...I can also throw my bike in the car with the top down if I need to drive...

Erin
Janet P
user 25537992
Austin, TX
Post #: 9
I emailed Mike to see if he'd give us permission to post but haven't heard back. He must be very busy with Christmas light removal! I'll try again. I can usually do Saturdays but not this weekend.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi! I live in Buda and am looking for a newbie group to ride with. I'm still looking for a bike and I would like to ride on the veloway and the parks when I get one.
Marilyn
user 5831964
Kyle, TX
Post #: 137
I don't mind doing the veloway, but I know I can't do the big hill on the far end, so I wouldtake the short cut and go around more times. I also can't go until 4pm on Saturdays, but I can sometimes do Sunday or Monday mornings. I tried to schedule a meetup for Saturday at 4pm at Lake Kyle, but it won't let me post and requires approval. We may have to just check this message board and go from there...