Austin Cycling Meetup Message Board › Great Early Rides Coming Up!

Great Early Rides Coming Up!

Kelly G.
user 13640760
Austin, TX
Post #: 18
Welcome to the Pedal Thru The Pines!

This year's event will take place on Saturday, March 9th, 2013, 9AM

This year Pedal Thru The Pines is returning to Bastrop and Buescher State Parks. Please look at the route maps and the start line.

Pedal Thru The Pines is an on the road cycling event benefiting the Family Crisis Center. Participating cyclists may choose from routes of 17 miles, 27 miles, 47 miles, or 62 miles.

Source: http://www.pedalthrup...­

LBJ 100

Join us, Saturday, March 23, 2013, 9:00 AM on the airstrip of the Lyndon B. Johnson Ranch in Stonewall, Texas. This exciting weekend kicks off with historic routes over picturesque country.

Following your ride, enjoy free food and drink, live entertainment, and the latest in cycling technology on display. Be part of the excitement.

Source: http://lbj100bicyclet...­
Marilyn
user 5831964
Kyle, TX
Post #: 138
wow...I wonder if I can buildup to 17 miles by then. I may have to try to check out what the route is like...
Kelly G.
user 13640760
Austin, TX
Post #: 19
I am going to do the 62 miles at Pedal Thru the Pines on March 9. The first Metric Century for me since end of November. Anyone else up for the longer ride?
thomas a.
user 39158422
Austin, TX
Post #: 37
both of those are great rides. PTTP in definitely the better ride. the park is beautiful but, hilly and fast descents. LBJ is hill country also. it more open than PTTP. i would do both but, i have other rides planned for the year. have fun!!
Kelly G.
user 13640760
Austin, TX
Post #: 20
Any interest in a car pool to the LBJ 100? I can drive my truck (small Mazda) or would gladly pay for gas if someone else wants to drive?
Kelly G.
user 13640760
Austin, TX
Post #: 21
Both Cam am and I are doing the Pedal Thru the Pines and if anyone else from the group would like to join us for the first Metric of the T-Shirt season send me message and we can meet up at the start.
thomas a.
user 39158422
Austin, TX
Post #: 38
well looks like im in for the 85mi route at LBJ!! anymore want a wheel to jump on to, find me at the start!! lol