addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Austin Cycling Meetup Message Board › Alternative Monday Ride

Alternative Monday Ride

Aaron G.
user 79567382
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Hi everybody,

I was planning on riding a "half dam" this evening (Monday April 1), leaving from the back parking lot to Barton Springs on Robert E. Lee Drive. The route is Robert E. Lee south, west on Barton Springs, south on the Mopac frontage road to Loop 360, north on 360 to Bee Cave Road, west on Bee Cave Road to the turn-around at Bee Cave Parkway just short of Hwy 71. It's 30 miles round trip. If there is interest, I'll map it on Map My Ride.

I plan to start at 5:30, but I could wait until 6 if anybody wants to join me and can't make 5:30.

This would be an intermediate ride with average speeds in the 17 - 19 mile range. It wouldn't be a "hosted" ride, just a meeting of like-minded individuals. We could regroup if necessary just west of 360 on Bee Cave (mile 7), again at the turn-around (mile 14.5), and maybe again at the top of the hill at Barton Creek Blvd and Bee Cave road (where the flags are).

I plan to do this ride on Mondays, but probably not all Mondays.

Aaron Gladish