Austin Cycling Meetup Message Board › Meetup Cancelled: Tuesday night ride with Team Tempo Multisport

Meetup Cancelled: Tuesday night ride with Team Tempo Multisport

Austin, TX
Coach Tammy has canceled the Tuesday night ride with Team Tempo Multisport, scheduled to occur on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 6:15 PM. Please update your plans accordingly.

This ride will go on hiatus indefinitely until the weather changes. After some riders having trouble with the heat on the past few rides, the heat is now getting to Coach Tammy, too.

"It's just too darn hot to do so safely. I still have heat rash on my legs from a week ago. The intensity has to be very low to survive the heat, but the toll on the body is the same as doing intervals.... less training adaptations with a much longer recovery. Just not worth it."

That's the opinion of a professional coach with a Masters degree. Good enough for me!

If you decide to keep riding in the heat: hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!! Stay safe.

We'll regroup in a week or so and find some more early morning alternatives.