|Sent on:||Thursday, August 26, 2010 1:35 PM|
DIRECTOR OF WEB DEVELOPMENT
Our client is looking for an experienced, senior web development professional who can provide the leadership, vision and innovation for their customer web-sites, eCommerce, and product download infrastructure. The operating model requires a high degree of online engagement with customers and prospects, making the web-sites critical to the day-to-day success of their high growth business.
The Director of Web Development will be responsible for leading all facets of development and testing of web properties in a quickly growing and fast paced environment. This includes managing a high-performing team of web developers and quality assurance professionals who design, develop, and test the web sites. This individual will drive development plans, overall web technical strategy, and process innovation to create improvements in quality, time to market and team productivity. As part of the Marketing team, you will work closely with several cross-functional groups including Web Product Management, Visual Design, and Marketing Programs to help create a world-class web experience for prospects and customers that will effectively scale in support of business goals and objectives.
· Lead and evolve a team of geographically dispersed testing and development professionals to build and deliver web features, infrastructure and content within time/budget expectations
· Recruit team members and help manage their careers through mentoring, development and review
· Leverage technologies to create web oriented solutions that contribute to business goals and objectives
· Participate in planning and prioritization of initiatives and work activities with business stakeholders, including dev of project roadmaps and resource planning
· Establish appropriate service levels and performance expectations for the team and carry out ongoing measurement against baselines and forecasts
· Develop, present, manage, administer and reconcile web development and Quality Assurance budgets
· Effectively partner with other functions within the company to deliver on business objectives, including IT, Finance, R&D, Marketing, and Customer Support
· Use industry standard development methods for source control, feature design, time estimation and problem tracking
· identify opportunities for program/process improvement and drive positive change
· candidates must have a proven record across multiple roles of successfully, designing and developing and delivering successful web marketing solutions in a high transaction environment and with geographically distributed resources
· Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a direct response and/or retention marketing team for a direct to consumer business
· 10+ years of experience architecting and developing scalable, highly transactional websites and web applications
· 5+ years managing and leading web development teams in multiple locations
· Experience managing priorities and work of contractors
· Ability to develop/manage vendor and agency relationships
· Extremely hands on and detail oriented, able to learn complex applications rapidly
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple, simultaneous projects
· outstanding verbal, written, visual and interpersonal communication skills to a variety of audiences
· Demonstrated ability to effectively estimate projects, manage budgets and apportion resources across distributed teams
· Demonstrated ability to effectively drive cross-functional teams (positively influence co-workers, cultivate strong partnerships)
· Strong leadership, project management and strategic-thinking skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Embody the energy and motivation to drive to results in a challenging, fast-paced environment
· BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Strong command of C# and.NET Framework, and knowledge with Perforce, Ektron CMS and/or IT Management products
If you are interested and qualified, please send your resume to matt at lunadatasolutions dot com
Luna Data Solutions, Inc.
This email message originally included an attachment.