Do you love Drupal but find that it's not the right platform for some of the realtime applications you want to build? Are all your friends having fun with Node.js and you want to be one of the cool kids again?
Four Kitchens is offering a free training session this Saturday 10/20.
This hands-on, "You Can Do It!" training course will teach you how to create a realtime web application in Node.js and Drupal. You'll write code all day Our Four Kitchens WebChefs will show you:
In order to attend, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Write your first Node.js application from the ground up
- Understand how to use NPM node's world class package manager
- Know how to write non-blocking asynchronous code and how to spot it's evil twin: synchronous blocking code.
- Know what Node.js is good at and when a different tool is better
- Have experience with the popular Node.js framwork Express
- Write API endpoints in Drupal to connect to your realtime application
- Writing code that reads and writes data to and from your Drupal site.
- Understanding of the new Node.js Drupal module.
- Laptop with SFTP, SSH software and a text editor installed.
- Any Local operating system is fine, but keep in mind that our trainers don't have experience debugging Windows connectivity problems.
- For node.js
- Have used JQuery for to add functionality
- Experience with AJAX patterns helpful
- Comfortable using the command line to navigate directories and launch programs. (cd, ls and the like).
- For Drupal
- Comfortable writing PHP to use Drupal hooks and have written a custom module
- Working knowledge of the services module is helpful, and a great thing to try beforehand.
If you meet the requirements and you want to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP and get further details on time and location.
You MUST meet the requirements in order to attend the training.