Austin Food and Wine Lovers Message Board › Meetup details changed: Vino 100 Spring Grand Tasting

Meetup details changed: Vino 100 Spring Grand Tasting

Karla
user 12689611
Chicago, IL
Hola, Austin Food & Wine Lovers.

Karla here...

Thanks for signing up for Saturday's Vino 100 Spring Grand tasting.

If you haven't been to one of these events, get ready to have a blast. This tasting is pretty popular. It happens every 4 months or so, and it get's packed. So the earlier you get there, the bigger wine selection you'll have to sample.

If you are coming from the south the easiest way to get to Vino 100 is via I-35 South getting off on exit 250. The business will be on the first shopping center located to your right. (Next to a Target store, and a beauty supply... Don't let mall atmosphere full you. The place does not look like a wine bar from the outside ) Coming from the North I believe the exit is 250 too (map it just in case).

Vino 100 will open its doors at 1pm and there will be an employee at the door giving each person 10 tickets as they get in to the venue (You'll trade those tickets inside for the wines you sample inside). They will also give you a sheet with a list with all the wines they will be sampling. (If you are considering buying something take notes with it. It helps).

Once inside you will find several stations sampling an average of 6 wines. People serving tend to be pretty friendly and wine savvy (they are wine lovers what else would you expect). Sometimes Vino 100 puts out some cheese trays or other small treats for those coming to the event, but those fly by fast.

Look for me if you need a water bottle or some chocolate or crackers I'll have those in hand for our group.

The tasting ends at 4pm, but the later you get there the less wines they'll have. If you want to purchase some wine you'll need to head to the cash register area (next to the little bar it's pretty easy to find). There you can also purchase extra tickets if you want to keep'on tasting without buying bottles. You don't need to stay during the entire tasting period. It's a pretty casual come and go atmosphere.

Sometimes the venue remains open for regular business after the tasting, but I just found out this Saturday shortly after the tasting VINO 100 will have a private event, so they will be closed to the public.

So feel free to eat something before getting there, and plan ahead for other places to eat afterwards. If you need suggestions or have any other questions post them in the comments section or feel free to email me.

Salud!

See you Saturday.

Karla

I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/Austin-Food-and-Wine-Lovers/events/52973792/­

When: Saturday, March 3, 2012 1:00 PM

Where: Vino 100
3021 South IH-35, Suite 120
Round Rock, TX 78664
512-255-0526

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.