addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Austin Food and Wine Lovers Message Board › Options for Uchiko - read carefully!

Options for Uchiko - read carefully!

Derek S.
user 10022420
Austin, TX
Hello Everyone!

First and foremost I want to thank each of you for your interest in this event. Given the questions posted, I wanted to respond and give you some insight into the decisions that go into event planning.

Uchiko has a private dining room that can accomodate 34 guests. The room has several available dates in November - most are weekdays, 2 are Sundays. That's the good news. The bad news is Uchiko has a $100 minimum requirement per guest in the private dining room. That means each guest is responsible for at least $80 in combined food/beverage. Adding a 15% gratuity brings the total close to $100. Uchiko would not budge on this requirement.  I'm certain we would not have 40 RSVPs if I posted a $100 minimum!

I didn't think the private dining room was a realistic option for our group so I went with Plan B - a reservation for 15 in the main dining room. 15 guests is the largest group Uchiko will accommodate outside the private dining room.

Here's an option I'll pursue if the interest is there....

If you're comfortable with the $100 minimum for the private dining room, respond to this message. If there's enough interest (20+), I'll speak with my contact. The private dining room is not available Sunday, November 4th. It is available Monday, November 5th. I'm comfortable with the private dining room minimum if you are. FYI if you RSVP for the private dining room, no shows are not an option.

I will also consider posting an event on a different date in the main dining room for those who would like to attend and don't clear the wait list.

Again, thanks for your continued support of the tour of Planet Austin. My goal is to continue bringing quality dining events to our group that are interesting AND budget friendly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

Derek