Austin Food and Wine Lovers Message Board › Tasting Wines at Sunset

Tasting Wines at Sunset

Michael R.
user 40679492
Austin, TX
Hi Austin Food and Wine Lovers!

If you’re receiving this email you have RSVP’d and paid for our Tasting Wines at Sunset meetup starting at 6 p.m. tomorrow, Saturday, at Salt Lick Cellar’s (SLC) Sue’s Vineyard.

A FEW DETAILS: We have 35 people attending and the weather is supposed to be magnificent!  SLC’s Winemaker Jay Knepp will be leading us through a tasting of at least nine wines.  There will be plenty of food available to snack on as we sip the goodness and watch the sun set over the nearby pond.  There will be picnic table seating for the tasting, but please feel free to bring lawn chairs and blankets for a more comfortable view of the sunset and beautiful surroundings.

DIRECTIONS TO THE VINEYARD: The entrance to Sue’s Vineyard is 0.8 miles south of the Salt Lick BBQ restaurant.  Heading south on FM 1826 from Austin, drive past the restaurant by exactly 0.8 miles.  You’ll also pass by the Salt Lick Pavilion.  The vineyard entrance is on the right – look for our balloons tied to the fence.  Drive back the dirt path between the rock walls.  You’ll see where to park when you arrive.

JOIN US FOR BBQ AFTERWARD? If you’re up for some BBQ after the tasting, we plan to gather at Salt Lick BBQ for dinner. Please email me if you intend to join us for dinner – Jay said he would be happy to call the restaurant and make a reservation for our group, but I’d like to give him a fairly accurate count. Please note: Dinner is extra and is not included in the $21 tasting fee.  A reminder that Salt Lick’s restaurant is cash only, although there are on-premise ATM machines that will cost you a few bucks for a withdrawal.

A FINAL NOTE: To attend the event you must have RSVP’d and paid the $21 fee online.  We want this to be an amazing event for all those attending and seeing to that required a lot of planning for the right amount of wine, food and seating.  I’m sorry, but we cannot accommodate anyone who shows up without a prior RSVP – it simply wouldn't be fair to our registered guests.

Marla, Derek and I are excited to see y'all tomorrow.

Cheers,

Michael