Austin Groovy and Grails Users Message Board › Web Bash roundup from last night

Web Bash roundup from last night

Ryan V.
rvanderwerf
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 14
This event was nuts, they reached capacity, free beer ran dry after an hour, and when we left about 8:45 people were still in line waiting to get in!

Good meeting with Todd @ NewIron, he's going to ping the people at Mr. Tramp's for their private room for the Jan meetup. Todd is also ready to speak on some fun Grails/Groovy related topics. Very refreshing to see such enthusiasm!

Also thanks to NewIron for offering sponsorship, this will be great.

I also got official approval from our marketing lady Mary @ ReachForce for sponsorship there as well, and TekSystems is also interested.

Tom is going to check with his work at the trucking logistics company if we can also use their fancy board room for some meetups as well, so stay tuned for that.
Janelle K.
janellekz
Austin, TX
Post #: 6
The back room @Tramps holds ~50 people and they have parking, great beer and food. I'm planning on hosting my new community group there in January, I think it's a pretty sweet venue. I get really tired of eating pizza.

We're really excited (New Iron) to support this group. Since almost everything we do these days is Groovy/Grails, encouraging company adoption, building skills and relationships in the community around this stuff... is all pretty awesome. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help make the group successful. We have a lot of folks that are excited about getting involved.

Janelle