add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Austin Groovy and Grails Users Message Board › Groovy and Grails Group Updates

Groovy and Grails Group Updates

Ryan V.
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Greetings members! It looks like we may skip the May meeting, unless someone wants to present a topic or hold a workshop at the end of this month. Please contact me or Rob if you want to present something you are interested in or want to have a workshop/hackathon of sorts. I know some of you may be going to Texas Linux Fest at the end of the month anyways, if you are I will see you there!

We so have some exciting news! I've contacted Ken Kousen, speaker from many conferences such as No Fluff, Gr8Conf, SpringOne2GX and others, has agreed to speak at our group the night before he speaks at NFJS in Austin on the 27th. Jay Zimmerman from NFJS has graciously agreed to sponsor Ken's expenses to come a day early to speak to our group. Thanks Jay! We are still looking for a sponsor for food and drinks that night. The topic will be 'Making Java Groovy' and he's going to charge up the talk a bit from regular NFJS levels so even advanced folks can learn from it. Do check out NFJS in Austin at the end of June (Lone Star Software Symposium) at­

You can use the Austin JUG $50 discount code nfjsusergroup50 if you wish to sign up.

Ken's website is here:­

We still need a venue to hold Mr. Kousen's talk at - Mister Tramps is booked that night with another recurring meetup all evening. If you have a venue that can hold around 50 people and want to host, or wish to sponsor food and drinks for the talk please let Rob or myself know.

Ryan and Rob