My name is Casey Curry, and I am an Alternate Delegate to the National Convention and Precinct Chair-elect in McLennan County, Texas.
It is about time we win the battle of ideas online! Dr. Ron Paul said, “An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government.” It is our job to make sure that the message of liberty, peace, sound money, and Austrian economics reaches as many people as possible. We have started a secret group on Facebook whose main goal is to help each other spread the liberty message, coordinate email and phone call, and very importantly, to dominate RNC's GOP Platform website. This is activism from the comfort of your own home.
Please see the description of our group below. If you want to be a part of spreading the ideas of liberty online, please friend me on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/casey.curry.99 and I will add you to the Blog army!!!
The Republican Liberation Blog Army is a group of liberty activists who are spreading the messages of individual liberty, peace, sound money, and Austrian economics online via personal blogs, media websites, social media, and other digital means. We are largely active within the Republican Party at this time (since most of us were pushing for Ron Paul in the 2012 election), but please bear in mind that we value principles over parties and anyone who shares our principles are welcome to join the rEVOLution. The word Republican has two meanings in this group’s name. One of them is the Republican form of government that we are losing slowly. The second is in terms of the political party: we are going to attempt to liberate the Republican Party from the pro-war, anti-liberty, and big government politicians.
Here are the main objectives for this group:
1. Win the online battle of ideas: This means being the kind voice of reason in the online world. I would like to emphasize the word KIND, because no one will listen to someone who is being a jerk in the comments section of a blog or website.
2. Help Each Other: If a fellow blog soldier is getting “beat up” on in an online debate, this group will provide reinforcements, provide citations/statistics when credibility is questioned. Our strength will be in our ability to coordinate with each other and to expand our group.
3. Influence political party Platforms: The RNC just gave us a gift: they created an online forum for discussing the 2012 Republican Party Platform. The best part is, we are better than the establishment folks at influencing others in social media. Just look at how exponential the growth of Ron Paul’s support grew between 2004 and 2008. We need every Ron Paul Republican, Libertarian party activist, frustrated anti-war democrat, to drive the Republican Platform to respect individual liberty above all else.
4. Influence elected officials: We can leverage our group’s numbers to write and call members of Congress leading up to important votes, such as NDAA, Audit the Fed, CISPA, etc.
The means by which we will accomplish these goals include:
1. Personal Blogs:
Not everyone has to create a personal blog, but if you are good at writing I encourage you to do so. Even if it is just to post an article and your analysis of it from a liberty standpoint. Please share your blogs with the Republican Liberation Blog Army group. If you do not want to write a blog, you help others expand their reach by sharing their blogs via social media. You can also help by sharing the Ron Paul YouTube videos on your social media pages. If you do not want to be seen as being “overly political” by your friends, create an alias Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter accounts and add as many friends as you can.
2. Everyone commenting in the comment sections of major media websites: CNN, CNBC, Fox News, New York Times, Huffington Post, Washington Post, etc:
Sometimes there are several hundred people commenting in popular articles and we can influence a diverse audience, one news story at a time. I think this is an opportunity for us to bring some liberty education to the people.
3. The RNC 2012 Platform Website (http://www.gopplatform2012.com/):
We need every liberty-minded activist to jump on this website as soon as possible. I want the RNC Platform committee to feel some pressure from us. Please join the join us in commenting on their site with with sound money, individual liberty, and common sense national defense, anti-unconstitutional war planks. We need to not only add planks that line up with our principles, we need to provide sound, constitutional, principled, and POLITE arguments against those planks that do not line up with our principles.
4. Coordinate phone call and email campaigns about upcoming votes in both state legislatures and Congress:
I like to call these: Liberty Bombs. In the weeks leading up to an important vote, we can use our group to 1) create awareness of the issue, and 2) try to influence our Senators and Congressman to do the right thing. We have some important votes coming up on the HR 459 and SB 202, which call for a full audit of the Federal Reserve. We all need to do our part and write and call our elected officials to pressure them to vote for these bills.