addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Austin Liberty Coalition Message Board › New Meetup: Run for Office! (start with Precinct Chair)

New Meetup: Run for Office! (start with Precinct Chair)

Lisa M.
Lisa_Mallory
Austin, TX
Announcing a new Meetup for The Austin Liberty Coalition!

What: Run for Office! (start with Precinct Chair)

When: January 4, 2010 6:00 PM

Where:
TCRP Headquarters
7901 Cameron Road Bldg. 3, Ste 202
Austin, TX 78754
617-4168

Retake the Republic! January 4th is the filing deadling to file for office.

At the holiday party for TAG (Texans for Accountable Govt), fellow Patriot Catherine Bleish, visiting from Missouri, reminded us that the eyes of the nation are on the Liberty Movement activists in Austin, because we are doing things right! We're ACTIVE, we're running for office and WINNING, and we will NEVER, EVER, EVER GIVE UP!!!

"We the People" are important words to us -- and we need to remember that "WE" of "We the People" means ordinary, every day people like me and you. Most especially YOU!

The entry-level public office in Texas politics is Precinct Chair. There is NO FILING FEE required to run for this office! You don't need to gather signatures! All you need to do is fill out a form and have it notarized and turn it into the Republican Party headquarters. If you have questions -- call Lisa Mallory at 804-9339 and I will be happy to help you get this done!

Liberty activists currently comprise about 35% of the Executive Committee of the Republican Party in Travis County. With just a few more voices (about 15 more people are needed) the liberty caucus can realistically achieve a majority in one of the two major parties in one of the major cities of Texas!

It starts with YOU!

This is not a big commitment. There are only 4 meetings a year, but we are accomplishing GOOD THINGS at these meetings (we've already successfully passed resolutions opposing bailouts, opposing mandatory blood withdrawals, supporting Oathkeepers, etc.) With YOUR help to achieve a majority voice, we can accomplish even more! Call me if you have questions about the commitment level or how to file.

The TCRP office is open this week thru Wednesday to accept filings for precinct chairmen and candidates and will also be open on Monday, January 4 from 8am to 6pm to accept last-minute applications. The deadline is January 4 at 6pm.

Directions for both precinct chairmen and candidates can be found below.

To file for precinct chairman (re-election AND first-time):
1) Download this form.
2) Fill it out. You are running for Precinct Chairman in Pct. ---.
3) Have it notarized (you MUST do this before turning in the form! We do NOT have a notary on staff!)
4) Drop off the form at TCRP Headquarters at 7901 Cameron Rd., Bldg. 3, Suite 202. They're open Wednesday until 5pm and Monday until 6pm.
5) After you file, send an e-mail to let me know, so I can keep track of our candidates.

The deadline to file is January 4.

Early voting begins February 16. The primary election is March 2.

Thanks for stepping up to be the "WE" of "WE THE PEOPLE!"

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­
Thomas G.
TommyG.
Austin, TX
Post #: 117
Precinct 113 paper work submitted.