addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Mastiff Owners Meetup Group Message Board › Old Age taking a toll....

Old Age taking a toll....

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi All,

My name is Jeff and my baby's name is Canela. She turned 8 in October and we are already starting to have problems with her back leg joints. It's not Dysplasia (thank goodness) but, according to the Vet, it's the beginning of arthritis. It's kinda scary how fast it is affecting her. She is starting to have trouble getting up in the mornings but things seem fine once she starts moving. Per the Vet's recommendations, we have cut her feedings down so she could lose some weight (she was a 205lb but now a slim 185lb) and we have started her on some NSAID's and low dose pain meds but was wondering if anybody else had any suggestions...Thanks.
Melanie
Melanie3218
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 16
Hi Jeff - so sorry to hear about Canela and her arthritis. Hopefully someone from the group will be able to provide suggestions. I also recommend inquiring about this on Mastiff Online Community: http://www.mastiffonl...­

Great resource for about anything mastiff.

Melanie