Austin MongoDB User Group Message Board › CloudBird stops supporting RavenDB

CloudBird stops supporting RavenDB

Rudy H.
RudyHinojosa
Austin, TX
Post #: 7
I thought this might be of interest to the MongoDb society...I received this email today:
from CloudBird...

Hi there,

I'm afraid I have some bad news. We've decided to stop providing RavenDB hosting as of the 28th February 2014.

There are many factors that contributed to this decision but it basically comes down to the fact that we've been unable to attract enough paying customers to make the business viable.

Your database will continue to be available until the 28th February but we recommend you find an alternative hosting solution and move your data over as soon as possible so there's enough time to deal with any issues, should they arise.

You can find more information along with instructions for moving your data with the RavenDB smuggler tool on our blog

NOTE: There's an important gotcha for AppHarbor customers when moving from CloudBird to RavenHQ so be sure to read the blog post for more info.

I know having to move your database is a major inconvenience and I am truly sorry that we cannot continue to provide your hosting. On behalf of myself and the rest of the team at CloudBird I'd like to sincerely thank you for choosing us and wish you all the best with your projects in the future.

Regards,
David Walker
CloudBird Co-Founder