|Sent on:||Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:41 AM|
The Austin String Band Festival is AFTM's biggest event of the year and we hope you'll join us for this gathering of music, dance, food, jamming, camping and just good old time fun.
October 19th - 21st 2012
If you are coming to the festival just a few last minute things –
*Friday Night is "Dance Until You Drop" so bring your dancing shoes. There will be several square dance callers on hand to walk you through the dances. Remember no experience or partner required. See the line up of bands here.
*Food. There will be loads of good food at a reasonable price. Sara and Seth Weber along with Seth and Beki Laird do a fantastic job of providing breakfast, lunch and dinner. Seth Laird will be smoking brisket and sausages for Saturday night's meal so come with an appetite. There will also be vegetarian and gluten-free options. Soft drinks, water, juice, coffee and tea will be available to purchase. Alcohol is BYOB, no glass please.
*Merchandise/Raffle. We will be selling t-shirts, posters, tote bags, AFTM stickers and cds at the merchandise booth. We are hoping that our credit card readers will work but no guarantees until we get to Camp Ben to test them out. We also will be raffling off two instruments, one Blueridge guitar ($659.00 value) and one Lanakai ukulele ($105.00 value)
*Children. We will be having one dance workshop for kids and they will love The Crankie Show with Anna and Elizabeth. We will also have hula hoops and jugglers to entertain the kids.
*Camping. The BURN BAN has been lifted, so campfires will be allowed. Camping is on a first come basis and may only be paid at the gate.
*Tickets. You will be able to buy tickets online until Wednesday afternoon by using your credit card or PayPal. There are discounts for members and students (with valid id). You can become a member by clicking here.
* You might check into volunteering ... as it may allow you free admission.
The volunteer schedule is READY please click here to select a shift.
Once you have selected a shift please email Maggie your preference at
If you would like to volunteer in the kitchen please email Sara at
* Workshops. The workshops begin at 11am on Saturday and what a selection! There are fiddle, banjo, mandolin, uke, guitar, singing, dance and many others. You can find a complete description of the workshops here.
* Saturday. The entertainment begins at 2pm and continues until 10:30 and there will be one square dance at 5pm and a dinner break from 5:45-6:30pm. Full line-up listed here.
* Mini-sets. A little something extra will be the mini-sets that happen in between the big sets on stage.
* Sunday will feature a gospel sing along at 10:30am and just a chance to catch your breath and enjoy a morning at Camp Ben McCulloch.
* Dogs. If you want to bring your dogs or other pets, please read our pet policy at Pet Policy. If you bring a dog we have provided a special area for you and your dog. It will be marked by a sign just past the ticket booth. Please camp in this area if you bring your dog.
*Lastly. You might want to bring a chair especially if you plan to pick `n grin.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at [address removed].