Jul 18, 2013 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Several of you have asked for a posing workshop and I've realized it has been QUITE awhile since we've had one - so here we go!
We talk so much about f-stops, apertures, lighting and so many other technical details yet there is a common scenario at many of our shoot events. A model comes on set and asks the photographer, "So, what do you want me to do?" This situation can be even worse when the subject isn't a model and the subject assumes the photographer will know the best poses for them. Many times the photographer breaks into a cold sweat and bears the gaze of a deer caught in headlights not knowing how to respond.
It doesn't have to be this way. In this three-hour workshop, I'll demystify the fundamentals of posing. Not only will I demonstrate specific poses, but I'll also break down fundamental concepts of posing so you can create your own poses with anyone. We'll cover a number of topics including the following:
- Following the light - knowing how to pose relative to your lighting
- Composition - understanding how to pose to create dynamic energy in an image
- The three planes - use them to your advantage to create new and interesting poses - Poses that work for everyone
- Formal, informal, casual, glamorous and playful poses
- Standing, seated and floor posing - Shooting position for various poses
- Tips, tricks, traps and do's & don'ts - there are some things you just don't want to shoot!
This will be highly interactive so bring your camera so you can try some of these techniques!
Joining us as a model will be Jennifer. Jennifer is a local freelance model who has been very popular at past workshops.