|Sent on:||Monday, April 23, 2012 3:41 PM|
On Saturday we witnessed the trench warfare that is electoral politics. We achieved a great victory and seated many more Ron Paul delegates than the establishment would have given us by “working with them”, which they did not let us do.
Unfortunately, a strategy to remove many delegates from attending the state convention is not beyond the realm of possibility given the pattern of irregularities witnessed so far.
These irregularities include:
1. The repeated attempts to silence the grassroots by removing the precinct caucusing rule, which failed on Saturday after a very long test of wills
2. Using every procedure to drag out the proceedings hoping many of you would leave, which a lot of you did unfortunately, so much of the progress made could be reversed by a vote of the insiders remaining when they had the numbers to do so
3. Not alerting the majority of the assembly in the garage that the nominations committee was reconvening to make its selections, so only “select insiders” witnessed those deliberations
4. Under-selecting the number of alternate delegates—even though we weren’t provided the list, we did count the reading of the list and counted 176 delegates and about 113 alternate delegates. At the very least 176 alternate delegates should have been selected from amongst the convention attendees
5. Starting a “facebook war” aimed at fomenting discontent in the process to scandalize the proceedings and create the misconception that precinct caucusing disenfranchised many liberty-oriented delegates. THAT IS NOT TRUE—any disenfranchisement has been clearly done by the nominations committee by under-selecting the alternates.
In the extreme, these factors suggest the possibility of other manipulations to knock “unwanted” delegates from the delegations at the State Credentials Committee. Since extreme tactics were used by the SD-14 convention throughout the day, we need to be wise to this contingency and remain vigilant.
Therefore, we are requesting the following to all convention videographers:
1. Backup your recordings in multiple safe locations and please generate a written record of the list of announced delegates/alternates, which still has not been provided to the assembly or the public as a written record
2. Review your tapes for evidece of malfeasance noted above. Around 9-9:15 pm on Saturday night, Joe Pojman (a tall thin, well groomed bearded man with salt and pepper hair) circulated around the parking garage telling establishment insiders that the nominations committee was reconvening, but telling the rest of us that that we should hear something in about 20 minutes. Soon after that, the party insiders vanished and most of us were left there in the garage not knowing what was going on. Please document any recordings you have of Mr. Pojman circulating through the garage and store any audio you of the mixed messages he was telling the various factions. Unfortunately, our representative on the nominations committee failed to alert us.
3. Confirm to the meetup group that the evidence is documented, backed up in multiple safe locations and can be made available to legally challenge any attempts to strip delegates of their credentials at the state convention.
Lastly, we would like everyone who heard their name called as a delegate or an alternate delegate to attend the TCRP Executive Committee meeting tomorrow night (Tuesday, April 24th, at 7:00pm, at the Travis County Republican Headquarters - 7901 Cameron Road, Suite 3-202. Registration will begin at 6:30pm).
You are all entitled to attend as guests/observers as you will be representing the County Party at the State Convention. This will allow you to develop greater ties to other precinct chairman in the party, many of whom will agree with you when they learn what you really stand for. It will also give you a chance to show them that you are not the “monsters” they have been led to believe you are.
Lastly, since multiple charges have been made by members of the Nominations Committee against Ron Paul Republicans for their “inexperience”, poor comprehension of the political process, disruptive and rude behavior, etc., do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to reinforce that perception. Any “Ron Paul” outbursts will discredit your influence and undermine all the hard work and success we have achieved.
Go there and show them the level of your intelligence, poise, grace and understanding of the great problems the political establishment of both major parties have imposed upon all of us, and your concern that if we do not bravely ignite political sanity our traditional way of life will be lost.