|Sent on:||Saturday, July 7, 2012 10:44 PM|
I am supporting Ted Cruz for U.S. Senate in the GOP primary run-off; I will be voting for Libertarian John Jay Meyers in the general election.
Robert Morrow [masked]
My feelings about Ted Cruz are if we get Cruz nominated (possibly elected) then we might be able to educate him on the issues of pro-liberty and pro-peace. With Dewhurst, that is not going to happen. Cruz will be an improvement over KBH and Cornyn. Ron Paul has endorsed Ted Cruz. Folks, it is important to vote for Ted Cruz now and then John Jay Meyers in the general election.
Ted Cruz: http://www.tedcruz.org/proven-record/
John Jay Meyers: http://www.johnjaymyers.com/
So please tell all your family, friends and neighbors to vote for Ted Cruz in the Republican primary run off on July 31st. There will be a 5 day early voting period Monday July 23 - Friday July 27.
Then vote for Libertarian John Jay Meyers in the general election.
US Senate: TED CRUZ
Congress #25 - WES RIDDLE
Congress #36 - STEVE STOCKMAN
Railroad Commission - WARREN CHISUM
Railroad Commission - BARRY SMITHERMAN
Supreme Court - JOHN DEVINE
SBOE #10 - TOM MAYNARD
State Senate - DONNA CAMPBELL
Vote for your Ron Paulers in the precinct chair races!
HOW TO WIN A PRECINCT CHAIR RACE:
1) Candidate & Message - Present yourself well and have a clear message of why you are running and what your qualifications are. Make up some literature.
2) Small Precincts - It is easier to Win/Influence smaller sized precincts with fewer voters. Big precincts take more voter contacts/volunteer time.
3) Voter contact - Identify who votes. In this case ,is it is people who already voted in the May 29th Republican primary. You can also recruit apolitical family & friends & neighbors who will vote for you just because they like you. The more voter contacts, the better the chance you have of winning.
4) Door knocks and phone calls - that is what it takes. "Car canvassing" is most effective for run-offs. Target only people who voted in May Republican primary. Skip everyone else unless you know them personally. Have a flier and give them a 30 second pitch on why to vote for you. People like to be ASKED for their vote.
5) Recruit Some Volunteers - to help you with the voter contacts & campaigning at the polls on election day. A few good volunteers go a long way.
5) Enthusiasm - the more enthusiasm and confidence you have in yourself and your campaign, the more the voters will be enthusiastic about you and your abilities to represent them.
6) Pretend you are Bill Clinton - People will vote for you if you are pleasant, friendly, confident.
5) Campaigning in person at the polls - on election day is critical. People will be coming to vote for Cruz vs. Dewhurst, the Supreme Court race, & the Campbell vs. Wentworth race. I suggest going to FastSigns and having 3-4 campaign signs made.
6) July 31st is Primary run-off. Early voting is 5 days Monday-Friday July 23rd-27th. Weekends of July 21/22 and July 28/29 are going to be key campaigning times. Also, get a MAP of your precinct online at Travis County voter registration.
7) Get Voter Names - A) a list of Republican primary voters and 2) Ron Paul supporters/phone numbers in your precinct. Pam Farley at [address removed] should have the Ron Paul data. I have the GOP primary data (no phone #s).
Good Luck and Have Fun!
Robert Morrow[masked] [address removed]