The company where my husband works (E2Open, @ Arboretum) is looking to
fill an Associate Software Engineer position (ideal for a recent CS
grad). I'm dropping a notice in this meetup because I know we have so
many intelligent, responsible, self-starter type folks on board. If
you or someone you know is interested, I'm listing (below) all the
info I have on it.
If you'd like to contact my husband with questions, here's his contact info:
Note: There is also a Hub Lead position open (requires a bit more
experience). I don't have details on that one, but if you contact my
husband he can get you hooked up with info.
---------- JOB DESCRIPTION: ASSOCIATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER ----------
At E2open, you will be an integral member of a dynamic organization,
working on cutting-edge technology that transforms the way companies
do business with their trading partners in complex, multi-tier supply
chains. Currently, E2open is seeking an energetic Associate Software
Engineer to join our Professional Services Group. The position
involves designing and developing customizations and executing
configurations for enterprise-level applications which support complex
multi-company supply chain management workflows and
business-to-business supply chain data interchanges.
E2OPEN WAS OFFICIALLY RECOGNIZED AS ONE OF THE BEST 100 PLACES TO WORK
IN TEXAS FOR 2011 BY TEXAS MONTHLY, THE TEXAS ASSOCIATION OF BUSINESS
(TAB), THE TEXAS STATE COUNCIL OF THE SOCIETY FOR HUMAN RESOURCE
MANAGEMENT (TSC-SHRM) AND BEST COMPANIES GROUP.
Company web site: http://www.e2open...
Apply Online (attach resume):
When applying, please reference job # 917
----- Note -----
In the online application, it asks "How did you learn about this position?"
You can choose "Employee Referral" in the "Source:" dropdown
Then name "Ryan Farley" in the "Referred By:" field
* Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Computer Science/Information
Technology or equivalent.
* Logical approach and excellent problem solving skills.
* Ability and willingness to learn new technologies.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to
work well both in a team environment and independently under minimal
* Attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot and provide feedback
* Understanding of development methodologies, version control and
* Experience with database technologies including SQL and JDBC preferred.
* Experience with command line Linux/Unix systems required.
* Working knowledge of Java required
* 1-2 years professional experience with Java preferred
* 1-2 years Groovy and Linux shell scripting preferred.
* Experience in Supply Chain/Manufacturing environment preferred.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
*Conduct technical analysis of customer needs and develop technical
* Perform configuration of E2open product suites to address customer
functional and technical needs.
* Works with multiple staff support functions in developing, testing
and delivering solutions as necessary.
* Analyzes and optimizes components to take advantage of project
specific databases and system configurations.
* Works with the appropriate parties to effectively estimate project
* Works with management/Team Lead to provide timely, appropriate level
of communication with respect to the work assigned.
* Works with appropriate parties to ensure issues are resolved.
* Provides technical expertise on development projects.
* Provides a variety of technical support to the project team;
including quality assurance/design review, environment setup,
operations consulting, troubleshooting, system testing etc.
* Conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times with
customers and internal team members.
* Completes assigned work within the allotted time.
* Escalates issues that may negatively impact project timeline.
* Records time and expenses into time entry system.
* Ensures the security and integrity of corporate assets and