Event on Facebook: http://www.facebook.c...[masked]
Large version of flyer - click thumbnail on event page or:
What: Austin Salsa Caritas Fundraiser
When: 7pm to 1am; Sunday, July 26, 2009
Where: Copa, 217 Congress 78701
Why: Families and individuals in our community experience poverty daily. Attending the Austin Salsa Caritas Fundraiser is YOUR FUN opportunity to give to those in need. Let’s show Austin how the salsa community makes a difference! Invite your friends and families.
Music: DJ Fabian, the Salsa community's favorite DJ, will keep us dancing all night!
Cover: Only $6 all night! Additional donations are encouraged and welcome. ALL proceeds from the door go directly to Caritas. Our community donation will provide food for hungry families. Since 1964, Caritas of Austin has helped people experiencing poverty right here in Travis County fight hunger, homelessness, poverty and fear.
Special thanks to
Avignon Realty http://www.avignonrea...
Austin Salsa Dance Meetup http://www.meetup.com...
Copa Bar and Grill http://www.copabarand...
DJ Fabian - Fridays at Copa and 1st Thursdays at MACC (resume in Sept.)
Lorenzo Briseno - http://www.fotorenzoi...
Organizers: Chi Dinh & Fawn Legg
About Caritas: Caritas provides food for the hungry, clothing for newly arrived refugees, and self-reliance education classes for families. For more information, or to donate directly to Caritas, visit http://caritasofausti...
Community services include:
- Emergency rent and utility assistance for families and individuals facing a temporary financial crisis, such as a job loss or reduced working hours so they can maintain their current housing stability. It includes access to housing, hot meals, and groceries. Case management services help build self-reliance through education classes such as budgeting, money management, energy conservation, ESL, job readiness and placement, and transitional housing.
- Permanent supportive housing for disabled homeless individuals.
- Case management and transitional housing for veterans of war.
- Federally funded resettlement support services for documented political and religious refugees from all over the world. The resettlement program assists refugees resettle refugees referred by the Department of State to find, set up, and secure housing for up to four months after they arrive.
- MYPLACE (Make Your Path Leave Addiction Choose Excellence) - transitional housing, case management and substance abuse counseling.