We are very excited to announce that Marion of Salsa y Bembe -- http://www.salsa-bemb... -- has organized a First Thursday Monthly Salsa Social in the gorgeous Mexican American Cultural Center.
6pm-7pm - $10 - Marion teaches a fun beginning On2 Salsa class. (Class is taught 1st and 3rd Thursdays.) Register for 1 month's classes for $20 and attend the social free. (Marion teaches here twice per month: 1st and 3rd Thursdays.)
7:30ish-10pm - $5 - Social with DJ Fabian. This is a gorgeous large space with a professional sound system. A fine wood floor for dancing, and plenty of foyer space for socializing. (Social is 1st Thursdays.)
Free and ample parking, water and sodas available for purchase.
You don't want to miss this special event!
Marion of Salsa y Bembe, the City of Austin, and the Mexican American Cultural Center are proud to present a 100% Salsa Social! Just salsa means no merengue, no cha cha, no regatton, no cumbia, no bachata.
Fabian spins the most vibrant salsa set with a simple goal in mind… that you will not be able to stop dancing.
Fabian (Music Director, DJ, guess DJ and live music coordinator)
Valerin (Logistics, performances, video selections, monthly theme creator and refreshments coordinator)
Marion (Instruction, financials and publicity coordinator)
This is a Salseros dream social:
Fabulous wood floors with plenty of space for dancing.
Excellent cold air conditioning.
Fabulous lit outdoor spaces with gardens and sitting areas.
Incredible indoor space to socialize with art pieces and water features.
A very large video screen to showcase dance.
Plenty of FREE parking in Downtown Austin!
First Thursday of every month!
Location: Mexican American Cultural Center
600 River Street
Austin, TX 78701
Everyone is welcome! This is a great opportunity to bring the entire family including youth.
There are no alcoholic beverages available or allowed. Please do not
bring any alcohol as this is NOT a BYOB event. Cold water and sodas are available for sale.
Everyone coming inside for the social must sign a liability form. Sorry, but it took me six months to get an agreement that we all could live by. So please… when you pay to enter, please sign.
This is the first time that the city is allowing a salsa event such as this one. Let’s have a good show. For that we are going to have the following specials rates, please pay attention for the requirements:
1. Instructors get in free (instructor is defined as any person providing instruction in a public space; please bring some kind of proof or e-mail me directly)
2. Instructors Assistants get in free (instructors assistants are defined as any one that helps, assists or subs an instructor in a public place, please bring a note from the main instructor or ask him/her to send me an email directly)
3. Any one bringing 5 people or more get in free
4. Teenagers (must show ID) and Full Time Students (with current ID) get a discount fee of $3.00 per person
5. Senior Citizens (we define those as 60 years or older with ID card) get a discount fee of $2.00 per person
6. Dance Team Members get in free (dance team members are any one that performs and practice on a regular bases with a current dance team, some kind of ID or letter from the team leaders with their team members names will be necessary, bring the letter or e-mail me the letter directly)
7. Any one that participate at the MACC Salsa Lessons and has paid for 1 month will enter free also for the two months the participant has sign in and paid (I will be teaching twice per month the first and third Thursday of each month each lesson is $10 per class so a month will be $20.00)
8. Out of Town guest (with ID) will get in for $3.00
9. City of Austin and Military Service people with ID to prove the status get a discount fee of $3.00
10. Everyone else $5.00 per person
As you can see we are making every effort to make this event affordable for everyone. Each month we will have several specials so please keep on eye on that. More information at www.Salsa-Bembe.com or at www.SalsaNewsAustin.com you are also welcome to send me your letters, lists mentioned above or any questions or comments to my email: [masked].
You think 10pm is too early to end? After the 100% Salsa Social, we are welcome to head to Copa (217 Congress Avenue).
Show your paid stamp on your hand and Silvio will discount the entry fee from $5.00 per person to $3.00 per person (21 and older please).
No excuse! Let’s have fun and dance!
Salsa y Bembe