align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Austin Salsa Dance Meetup Message Board › Classes

Classes

This message board is read-only.

A former member
Post #: 1
Me and a few friends have been wanting to find some reasonably priced classes to help us improve. Does anyone have any recommendations? We are all absolute newbies, I am sure there would be at least 4 of us and maybe as many as 8.

Thanks
Jason
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Jason,

I'm taking classes at Uptown Dance School, between Lamar and Burnet on 183. I believe they have some group packages that go from $50 per person. I'm not very informed about how it works but you can always call
(512) 459-5678.

I really like the school and the classes can be a bit crowed some days but they're a lot of fun!

Good luck in your search!

Griselwink
A former member
Post #: 1
Hey Jason,

I'm looking for some beginner classes as well and saw that the school Grisel recommended also does single $15 group lessons. Here is there site: http://www.austinupto...­

I'm looking for some good people to learn with so if anyone knows any other good places let me know.

Chris
Fawn
legg787
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 9
Jason - about salsa classes - there's lots of information about studios in town on www.SalsaNirvana.com/Austin

At the top of that page is also a link that lists many independent instructors in town. Any questions after looking at those, feel free to drop me an email directly from my profile page.

Thanks and hope you and your friends get started soon. It's going to be great fun!