Welcome to the Austin Selenium Meetup group. Our first meetup is scheduled and we have a great lineup that includes Santiago Suarez Ordoñez and Ashley Wilson from SauceLabs, Ryan Campbell from CloudBees, and Kevin Haggard and Marcus Merrell from WhaleShark Media. We are going to cover a lot of content so this will be an excellent meetup for new or experience Selenium/WebDriver users.
1. Meet & Greet and Introductions - 15 minutes
2. Functional Automation at WhaleShark Media using WebDriver - 30 minutes
We will cover how we build, manage, and report our automation tests that are built using an automation framework built in Java that is an abstraction layer for the WebDriver API. We will also show how manual testing (yes, we do believe that is still important) is reported with our automated tests. We will dive into the framework and how our framework is being integrated with TeamCity, Selenium Grid, and SauceLabs. We will give a live demo of the tools if time permits.
Kevin Haggard is the Director of Quality Engineering at WhaleShark Media. Kevin recently relocated to Austin from New York City where he worked at some of the hottest web companies such as Gilt and WebMD. Marcus Merrell is the Test Architect at WhaleShark Media where he is responsible for developing and maintaining our testing infrastructure. Marcus is an Austin native and has worked at eBay, Peoplefluent, and several other exciting companies.
3. Getting Started with Continuous Deployment using Jenkins and Selenium - 30 minutes
In this talk, we'll explore how to set up continuous deployment using Jenkins and Selenium. We'll briefly look at how Jenkins and SauceLab's Selenium OnDemand are integrated, and then discuss best practices for promoting builds from test to staging, and to production. Then, we'll walk through a live demonstration using CloudBees' DEV@Cloud (Jenkins + Repositories) and Selenium OnDemand.
Ryan Campbell is an engineer and architect at CloudBees, where he juggles Jenkins in the cloud. He's been working in Austin for the past 12 years at otherwise reputable companies such as Xtivia, Red Hat/JBoss, Debix, and now CloudBees.
4. Presentation from SauceLabs - 30 minutes
Vote on the poll page to choose which of the following presentation you want SauceLabs to present.
- Selenium Tips: Tips and tricks from Sauce's codebase to help you write more reliable selenium tests. This presentation is good for people just getting started with Selenium.
- Optimizing Selenium: This presentation covers lessons learned and tips to make your test perform better and more reliably during executions. It's better suited for people who has made their first steps with Selenium and for experienced users.
- Stripping Remote WebDriver: This presentation explains the ins and outs of Remote WebDriver. What it does and how it does it. It is a bit more technical but very revealing for people that already have Selenium experience.
Santiago Suarez Ordoñez is a Sauce Ninja at Sauce Labs. He has been working with Selenium and test automation over 5 years and is a contributor to the Selenium project. Ashley Wilson is the Customer Development Manager at SauceLabs. She is responsible for handling everything non-code at Sauce and helping with the Selenium/WebDriver community engagement.
Attendees will need to enter through the door from the parking garage located on 4th St between N. Congress Ave and Brazos St. Let the security guard know that you are here for the Selenium Meetup and they will direct you to the 3rd floor.