Help support your MeetupChip in
Austin-Social with a Twist is a Meetup group that offers a variety of fun,events, both in Austin and beyond the borders of our great city. Our offerings are dynamic and continuing to change and we impose no limits on what we plan to do next.
Our members are a diverse group who aim to build and maintain a active, engaged, and positive community of individuals, aged 25+, and welcome individuals that can contribute to this from all walks of life. We welcome you regardless of marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, disability, age, religion,etc. etc.----as long as you contribute in a positive manner to our group, we welcome you.
We are far from the typical Meetup social group in that we have a dynamic schedule that has something for everybody. We are on the pulse of fun and intrigue. For instance---If you love to eat, we have one of the most active and diverse food and wine groups in Austin. If you love to travel---try all over Texas, around the United States (Vegas, Havasu Falls, Washington DC, and more), and even some more ambitious trips planned for the future. We have both indoors and outdoors active social activities--try archery, golf, fencing, hiking, putt putt golf, bowling, SUP, kayaking, and various other activities . If you like the arts, we tour museums, watch movies, go listen to live music, go to comedy shows, and various other artistic endeavors . And still----that doesn't define everything that we do.
In order to make our group wonderful and special, we have a few expectations for our members. When you join, you are party to these rules.
1) We are here as a bunch of collective individuals to Meetup as a group and have good times. If you RSVP, plan to meet with us at the said time, date, and venue that the host has set forth for all participants.
2) Please be active; Once every six months, come out with us so we can get to know you, if not more. We are not a listserv and inactive profiles may be removed after 1 year of inactivity (defined as not actively attending a Meetup)
3) We often have waitlists because we have so many people interested and seek to create a more intimate setting for guests to talk and get to know one another. If you are interested in an event, and there is a waitlist, mark your calender, get on the waitlist. Usually we have a few people that drop out by the deadline for you to get on board.
4) This is a fun zone. If you bring drama, abuse, disrespect, etc etc. the organizer reserves the right to remove you from the group. Respect the organizer, the host, instructions, one another....and you will get the same in return.
5) RSVP if you are interested in something and cancel by the deadlines given to allow other guests to participate and the host to make appropriate arrangements. We understand things come up time to time, which may cause you to cancel outside of the deadlines and some things that come up from time to time that we totally understand and can empathize with. It is your responsibility to update the host to handle it on a case by case basis. Please note that after 3 situations of no shows/late cancels without updating the host or that are concerns that it is a disruption for the host or the group, that it's up the host and/or organizer how they would like to proceed from that point, including removal from activities for a certain period of time up to removal from the group.
6) If you are running late to an Meetup, contact the host to let them know, so we can accommodate you if it's under reasonable circumstances and it is up to the host on how or if they want to deal with late arrivals.
7) If you are interested in posting an event, please post it on the board. Please keep in mind that for for-profit businesses, that it is determined on a case by case basis.
8) Unless express permission is given, please do not cross post our events to other groups.
9) Please read and follow the instructions on the Meetup page for the event.
10) Have fun and feel free to solicit constructive feedback so that we may make this a better group for all involved.
If you have any questions, please let me know. Thank you and see you at the next Meetup.
Michelle, Organizer and Founder
7,633 Stand Up Paddlers
924 ATX downtownites