Austin-Social with a Twist is a diverse social group that offers a variety of fun,events, both in Austin and beyond the borders of our great city and aims to build and maintain a active, engaged and positive community of individuals, aged 21+. Our offerings are dynamic and continuing to change and we impose no limits on what we plan to do next.
•Austin: Social with a Twist (started in 2014) - This is our main group and is a general listing group for all of the groups and contains events that are exclusive only to this group. Link to Join: https://www.meetup.com/Austin-Social-With-A-Twist/
• Traveling Central Texas Beyond: We list travel opportunities. We are not a travel agency and we plan the trips from scratch. Our Link: https://www.meetup.com/Traveling-Central-Texas-and-Beyond
• Culinary Adventures: Austin and Beyond: All of our food and drink (not always alcoholic) events can be found here. Our Link: https://www.meetup.com/The-Food-and-Drink-Connection/
HOW OUR GROUP WORKS (and....please read so that you understand the culture and so we can be pro-active to in increasing understandings)
1) RSVP for events....we have a deadline that we will remind you of, in case your plans change. Our events sometime fill up within the first 24 hours of listing....if so, get waitlisted. And with all RSVP's, mark your calendars and check back often for updates.
2) We encourage everyone, regardless of who you are, to join us. We do not provide matchmaking or dating opportunities nor do we host groups inside the group. We host individuals who want to meet and have fun with one another. If friendship or relationships evolve, than that's great.
2) Our listings are kept semi-private to provide a safe, fun, and unique group for those who participate and to prevent listserv use.
3) Empathy and respect of all involved is a must. Any drama or disrespectful interactions, no matter how minimal, are cause for immediate removal.
4) Please read the entire description for deadlines and any updates. If you cannot make it to an event, please update by the deadlines listed. We understand that odd emergency comes up, within reasonable circumstances, that may make it impossible to attend. Please update the host ASAP via messenger if you fall into that situation so that they tell you whether they can list you as "excused absence" versus no show or late cancel. Too many no shows and late cancels (this does not include excused absences, unless it's excessive) are a valid concern, rude to everyone involved, cost time, and in some cases, money. 2 or more unexcused situations, in a 9 month period, are an acceptable reason to waitlist your RSVP in favor of others or remove you from all groups, without refund.
5) After your 60 day trial, that if you want to continue your journey with us, then the system will prompt you to pay $5 for one year's membership. The $5 pays for give backs to members (including raffle items, tickets for events, help with our parties and other events, and to decrease the cost of some events) and for the cost that Meetup charges the organizer to pay for the website. Your profile will go into inactive status without a payment.
6) Join us as much you can. If you have ideas, feel free to share, or even host; Please note that if you haven't attended a Meetup in 12 months or more, your membership is subject to inactive status.
If you have any questions, please let me know. Thank you and see you at the next Meetup.
Michelle, Organizer and Founder