Let's go tubing!
Let's meet at 10AM at the Target on I35 and Slaughter. The address is 9500 S I35 Service Rd. If anyone is interested in carpooling, we can organize it there.
Do you love/would love to go tubing and have no plans for Father's day? Join us for a day of Austin-style leisure on Sunday, June 16th.
We'll leave early-ish on Sunday, around 10AM. It takes about an hour to get there, so that'll put us in the water around noon.
COST: tube rentals are $15
Toobing the San Marcos River
The river is stunningly protected from development. You can toob right through part of Texas State campus, downtown San Marcos, but you'll feel like you're in a nature preserve. Most of toobing part of the river is park land on both sides. Huge elephant ear plants line the banks. A native (and endangered) wild rice grows in the cool, clear waters.
Some tubing tips:
- Bring tennis shoes, aqua shoes, or river sandals
- Bring sunglasses and some way to attach them to you
- Put on sunscreen. Put it on before and during your trip
- Bring water, cooler, ice. You can buy them from most outfitters if you forget
- Bring some food. Anything that can be kpet dry for a little while and eaten quickly. Fruit and sandwiches is a good idea
-Bring alcohol if you are so inclined
- Bring koozies
- Get a Life Jacket if you are a bad swimmer. Outfitters will give you one if you ask for it
- Bring a Life Jacket for your dog. Outfitters do not have those. You can purchase them below
- Bring anything made of Styrofoam or glass
- Tube if you're pregnant. Ask your doctor if you are not sure. It can get very hot and it would be bad if you fell on a rock when you are showing
- Take any valuables on the river. Cell phones and jewelry sink
- Leave your keys with the outfitters
- Litter. All of the outfitters will give you a mesh bag for trash
- Bring children under 5. Age limits change based on river levels
More info coming soon.
Hope you all can make it!
By RSVPing "Yes" to this event, you agree to our attendance policy located HERE.