addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Austin Geeks and Gamers Message Board › How often do you guys do social gatherings?

How often do you guys do social gatherings?

A former member
Post #: 29
Looks like I joined the group just a little too late for the January social gathering and I'm just wondering how often you all do social gatherings/happy hours?
Johann
JohannTX
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 67
Hi Josiah! We don't do pure social / happy hours that often, maybe once every 3 months or so. Turnout for the socials has not been strong. The last one only had five show up.

We get better turnouts from our movie nights and game nights, events where members feel like they have something to do in addition to just socializing. But I will gladly schedule more social / happy hours if people request them. Let me know!

Johann
Jacob W.
jjhwarrington
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
On a related note, whereabouts do most of the events take place? I see a few around north austin, but as a south-of-71 guy myself, if everyone else is on the other side of town, I may be out of luck!
Johann
JohannTX
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 69
Most of our recent events have been north, but our last social was central (Mozart's) and I am open to suggestions for meeting places on the south side. Got any suggestions?

Johann