July 15, 2012 · 2:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Fungal Pneumonia - The Silent Bird Killer
Guest speaker Dr. Anneliese Strunk, DVM, Dipl. ABVP, Certified in Avian Practice Medical and Surgical Care for Avian, Small Mammal and Herptile Species with Research Boulevard Pet and Bird Hospital in Austin, is coming to speak to us about Aspergillosis in Parrots.
Aspergillosis is a respiratory disease of birds caused by the fungus Aspergillus, which is found almost everywhere in the environment. This disease is much more common than we as parrot owners know and need to be more educated about it. Aspergillosis can become extremely costly to treat and can lead to death.
Dr. Strunk will go over the following information about Aspergillosis:
- What is aspergillosis and what causes it?
- The signs of aspergillosis
- How aspergillosis is diagnosed
- How aspergillosis is treated
- How aspergillosis can be prevented
This is an extremely important topic that needs to be shared. Please feel free to invite other parrot owners you know that have not attended a meeting yet.
- 2:00pm - 2:30pm Social Time
- 2:30pm - 3:00pm Meeting & Announcements
- 3:00pm - ?? Guest Speaker - Dr. Strunk