Toy Making Workshop: 2 pm - 5 pm
Our most popular workshop! Come join us for a bunch of great fun, lots of creative ideas, and lots of toy making for our birds!
Here is a list of some ideas of what to bring to make toys with:
* coffee filters
* wax-free paper cups (emphasis on wax-free!)
* finger traps
* tamale wrappers
* tissue paper, napkins, cardboard, brown packaging paper, etc.
* syringe cases (you can get these for free from your vet, as they are usually thrown away
* bird-safe beads, plastic or wood, as long as they are too big to swallow
* leather strips and scraps
* blocks or scraps of untreated wood
* heavy duty sewing needles
* hole puncher
* marine-grade stainless steel nuts, bolts, screws, washers, chains, bells, etc.
* toilet paper / paper towel rolls
* popsicle sticks
* to-go boxes and coffee/drink holders that are made out of undyed, recycled paper (examples of places that use these products: Starbucks, Mother's, Hyde Park Grill).
NO STYROFOAM OR DYED PAPERS, PLEASE!
If you can think of any other suitable, bird-safe items, feel free to bring them along as well!
And if you have any questions, you can reply to this post or email Emily! Any tools you can bring would be appreciated too. Drills, scissors, etc.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
Please check this meetup for any detail changes that may occur.