Live at A.S.S. Cup 2013
click >The Awkward Robot <click
The A.S.S. Cup 2013 is upon us! It's looking like one of the biggest Hunts on record with 17 boats and over 100 registered!
Be prepared to get knotty, get creative and put your MacGyver skills to work as you navigate your way around beautiful Lake Travis and have fun in the sun and on the water. Plan to arrive at Arkansas Bend by 11:30am. We will be starting off the Hunt at 12:00 noon sharp on shore.
The 12th Annual A.S.S. CUP of 2013
June 8th @ 12:00pm
Arkansas Bend Park
This will be a great chance to have fun and meet the skippers of the
Austin Sailing Society!
Event Date: June 8, 2013, start time approx. noon
(varies depending on boat location)
Location: Arkansas Bend Park and on/in the water
16900 Cherry Lane, Lago Vista, TX 78645
Registration Fee: $27.50 + $5 for at least 1 raffle ticket
Saturday 6/8/13 from noon until 6pm - games/events on shore and on/in the water
6pm - BBQ dinner at Arkansas Bend Park
7pm - Awards and Raffle drawing
7:30-9pm Live Band and Party!
9pm on - Pajama Party for overnighters (be considerate though, Park rules say quiet at 10pm)
8 am ? (don't hold your breath) Breakfast Tacos and Bloody Mary's (BYOB) Sunday morning - generously provided by your skippers/captains - be sure to help and thank them!
What you get:
Baseball Cap or T shirt with Hunt Logo (Sm - 4XL available, baseball caps are one size fits all)
BBQ Dinner, dessert, and breakfast (we need to know in advance if you're staying the night)
Soft Drinks, Beer & Margaritas (quantities are limited...if you're staying beyond dinner, bring extras)
Live Band in the evening, a day of fun in the sun and on/in the water, and cool prizes to winners of various events/categories
Raffle (to raise money for the annual Meetup Group costs & prizes)- $5 per ticket
Prizes include: 1.5 hour massage, adult beverages, $50 Academy Sports gift certificate, dinner for 2 at Soleil, dinner for 2 at Zack's Bistro, sandwiches from Thundercloud subs, and many more!
What you may want to bring:
- Special drink preferences and/or additional beer/alcohol during the day and/or if your staying beyond dinner.
- A folding/camping chair (if you want to sit off the ground or on something besides picnic tables)
- Camping gear, personal items, change of clothes if you're staying overnight (this is "primitive camping" which means no running water, showers or electricity, but toilet facilities are available)
- Towel/bathing suit
- Boat or water shoes (non-marking)
- Money (cash or check only) for park entrance fee (day use at park is $10/vehicle, overnight is $15/vehicle)
- Pajamas for the pajama party for those staying the night (or for anyone who is just a little odd and wants to wear them to dinner & for the party or all day long?!)
What you'll need to prepare/arrange:
- Where you meet your skipper/boat
- Where you park your car/who you ride with (where you start and end the event may be different)
- Animal/child care - this event lasts all day and until 10pm (or later if you stay). Most people are drinking and shouldn't be driving afterwards, so we encourage staying at a campsite or on a boat
- Team oriented things like decorating yourself and the boat - there's no "theme" this year - it's up to you and the boat/team to decide what you want to do for costumes/boat decorations. There is a pajama party, though, so you could that as a "theme" (but clothing is required, even if you normally sleep in the buff-you know who you are).
If you need more info:
How you can help:
We need volunteers/donations in the following categories:
- To arrange firewood for a bonfire
- Dinghy(s) to shuttle from shore to anchored boats
- Prizes for the raffle
- Coffee making items
- Clean up help (Arkansas Bend)
- Set up help (Arkansas Bend)
- Securing campsites Friday morning (this is a first come first served campground)
- Day use of motor boat or pontoon boat for committee members
- Food service help
- Easy Ups/Canopies/Tarps for shade at Arkansas Bend
- Folding tables