addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Austin Wine Tasters Message Board › Wine-Lover Opinions Needed! Questions about planning a Wine/Food Dinner Series

Wine-Lover Opinions Needed! Questions about planning a Wine/Food Dinner Series

Theda S.
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 2
I'm planning a series of intimate Winemaker + Foodie Dinners for about 15-20 people per dinner here in Austin. Each event will be hosted by a wine bar that serves food and will feature a winemaker as well as a local chef. Dinner will include local (and seasonal) foods highlighting each item with a wine/food pairing.

Dinners allow an intimate opportunity to relax, meet other AWT and also interact with the winemaker and chef while learn about the horticulture of grapes, landscape and lifestyle.

I am still in the early process of planning these events and have some questions:

• Is this something that sounds appealing to you?
• How far in advanced would you (as a guest) book something like this?
• What demographics do you think would be most interested in these types of dinners?
• Would you be willing to pay $50, $75? $100? $150? for an exclusive, semi-private event?

Please share your opinions so I can plan the best possible event for you all. Thanx
Austin, TX
Post #: 4
Hi Theda,
I'd pay $50-$75 for something like this, maybe 2wks in advance.
As you didn't to get any replies to this, are you now defering to the wine pairing dinner at your place?

Theda S.
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 3
Yes, Jack. I'm planning the wine dinner at my house to start. From there, I'm hopeful the membership gets more active and we can start to plan some other fun things to do together.
It was great to meet you last night, Boston!