addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Austin Writers Meetup Group Message Board › Four Thousand Words Jam (48-Hour short fiction challenge)

Four Thousand Words Jam (48-Hour short fiction challenge)

Tim G.
smikian
Austin, TX
Post #: 9
Hello all,

Some friends of mine started up this short story challenge earlier this year. Basically a story prompt gets posted on Friday night at midnight, and then you have until Monday to write a story from it (four thousand words is just a suggested length, not a requirement.) Then all the resulting stories get posted on the site afterwards. It's not a contest, just an interesting exercise to undertake with other writers. Those of you who were at the last North meetup, the short story I brought with me ("The Last Patrol") was a cleaned up version of my submission to the first round. The next round is this weekend and I definitely plan on trying to whip something up for it, so I just wanted to post the link in case it might interest anyone else. It's open to all, so definitely check it out if you're intrigued!

Four Thousand Words Jam
Meghan
user 4965682
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 45
Cool! Thanks for sharing. Might have too much going on this weekend to participate but I'm definitely interested for the future.