The Austin Writers Meetup Group Message Board › Writing Events in April

Writing Events in April

Tim G.
smikian
Austin, TX
Hello writers,

As you may have noticed, we have a different kind of meetup coming up this Thursday. Instead of our usual critique and discussion group, this one will be a reading, where those of us who choose to will have the opportunity to read one of their pieces aloud to share with other writers in the group. We did a similar reading at the end of last year and it was a lot of fun; in fact many of the people who read for us last time have offered to do so again. If you would like to join us in reading something please feel free, just RSVP to the meetup and email me letting me know you're interested in participating (you can reply to this email.) And even if you don't feel like reading, I hope you'll come down to WriteByNight and enjoy what some of your fellow authors will be sharing.

Speaking of WriteByNight, last month one of our writers came up with an interesting challenge for herself- Leah Kaminsky, who is one of our returning readers for this meetup, publicly declared that she would finish the first draft of her novel by the end of March or she would shave her head. She's put off on revealing the results until a public event at WriteByNight on April 19th. You can read all about it on her blog.

That's all the news for now. Hope to see everyone this Thursday and at our regular discussion group next week!

-Tim
A former member
Post #: 1
I would love to attend the reading Thursday night, but I'm already attending another event. Please have another one at the south location. Thanks! Karen