align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Austin Writers Meetup Group Message Board › New Meetup: From Writer's Block to Wordgardens

New Meetup: From Writer's Block to Wordgardens

heath
aqaraza
Austin, TX
Announcing a new Meetup for The Austin Writers Meetup Group!

What: From Writer's Block to Wordgardens

When: November 14, 2009 2:00 PM

Where:
Cafe Caffeine
909 W Mary St
Austin, TX 78704

This workshop will focus on a concrete technique for moving beyond writer's block, and will teach a valuable method of brainstorming and idea formulation at the same time.

Wordgardens for Writers Block is a standalone, repeatable workshop which demonstrates a method of collaborating with another writer to yield evocative and flexible words, and then for using those words to guide writing exercises. This workshop will be hands on, with attendees collaborating together for part of the time and writing separately to practice the technique.

For the exercises to work, seating is limited to 10 RSVP'd attendees. The attendance fee for the workshop is currently $10 per person. This fee gets you a printed version of the lesson plan, materials for the exercises, future updates to the resources, and an online Subscription to the site where these and future materials are archived. Over time, new word sets are being made available to Subscribers on the site.

Note on registration: There are only 10 actual slots - I have set the limit higher so I can confirm paid pre-registrants as they PayPal me, and note them below. To pre-register via PayPal, email me at heath.rezabek@gmail.com so I can send you a direct PayPal link.

Thanks!

- Heath, Organizer, Austin Writers Meetup

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­